ORCHESTRAL & CHAMBER WORKS
- Through the Fog – programmatic symphonic work based on the Newfoundland folk song, Cape St. Mary’s
- Millenium Shadows – ouverture for orchestra; commissioned by Symphony New Brunswick, 2000
- Reflections for Orchestra – symphonic tone poem
- A Maritime Suite – string orchestra work based on Canadian Maritime tunes
- 4 Songs of Innocence – hauntingly beautiful and provocative work for soprano, percussion and brass. Commissioned by CBC Radio 2, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- as the light shimmers – flute and piano work; winner of the Pacific International Song Writing Competition (New Zealand), instrumental category
INSTRUMENTAL SOLO WORKS
As part of the “Beginning Band Basics” Theory Series, Stella wrote a solo work for every instrument, one at the Beginner Level and one at the Junior/Intermediate Level. The solos utilize and reinforce the notes, rhythms and concepts taught in all band classes. These are fun and fantastic solos that all students can quickly learn and confidently perform! All are enhanced by great sounding but easy to play piano accompaniments.
Two solos are available for each of the following instruments:
flute, oboe, clarinet, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, bassoon, trumpet, french horn, baritone (euphonium), trombone, tuba, mallet percussion and timpani.
- When a Woman Shops – flirtatious set of 4 short works for soprano/piano commissioned by Dr. Jessica McCormack
- I heard the Voice of Jesus Say – haunting, contemporary arrangement of this beautiful Irish tune for voice and piano
- Songs of the Land – delightful arrangements of Canadian folk songs for solo voice and piano
- 3 Songs for Children – educational solos for young voices based on the poetry of R. L. Stevenson
EXCLUSIVE THEORY WORKBOOK SERIES
Beginning BAND Basics – unique theory series for band students
Beginning VOICE Basics – unique theory series for vocalists
- My Favourite Things – piano duets; intermediate level
- Best Friends – piano duets; junior/intermediate level
- Forgotten Dreams – piano solos; intermediate level
- Dust Bunnies – piano solos; junior level
- Off Balance Duets – piano duets: beginner level
- Ode to the Pig – award winning, whimsical SSA/piano choral work full of fun and imagination; co-winner of the 2005 Ruth Watson Henderson Choral Competition.
- She’s Like the Swallow – stunning SSA choral arrangement of this ethereal Newfoundland folk song
- in a corner of the stable – SSA/piano choral work; dramatic, inspiring & provocative; Christmas or Easter
- God of Light – SATB/a cappella uplifting and inspirational Christmas work which challenges us to consider our worth in comparison to the worth of the child in the stable
- a humble heart – gentle and inspirational SATB/a cappella piece inviting us to choose our own path and whom we walk through life with
- The Afterglow of Pain – thought provoking SATB/piano work based on the poetry of black slave women
- Where Fancy is Free (Come by the Hills) – Scottish folk song arranged for SSA choir and celtic harp
- Lost Lullabies – SSAA/piano work using WW2 Jewish holocaust survivor songs as remembered by the “Saved Children”
- The Maid on the Shore – SSAA/ a cappella work; newly composed folksong style tune based on a Nova Scotia text
- Our Farewell Song – SA/piano; here’s a terrific song for young choirs! Fun, energetic, easy range and great message to close out any concert. Features a few “diva notes” for your rising star in the group!
- The Bloody Gardener – Newfoundland text, newly composed folk style; highly effective dramatic a cappella work for SSAA
- My Child – beautifully written with flute and piano accompaniment, this SSAA choral work reflects on the wonder of childhood and how its moments, though fleeting, still live forever through us all.
- We Love Christmas (most of the time) – SSAA treble voices with piano. Send your audience home grinning with this humorous and entertaining medley of 8 well known Christmas tunes – if you can find all 8!